LIVESTRONG AT THE YMCA
This is a program designed for adult cancer survivors who have recently become de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from their treatment and/or disease. The program includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility activities.
Each 12-week session is comprised of classes that meets for 75 minutes, two times per week. Also, you’ll receive a free Y membership for the session’s duration. Class size is limited to 10 participants per session.
- Improve energy levels and self-esteem
- Build muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Improve ability to do everyday tasks
- Develop an ongoing fitness plan to continue practicing a healthy lifestyle
Our instructors provide a supportive environment for the class and are specially trained in the elements of cancer, post cancer exercise, nutrition and supportive cancer care.
Criteria for Participation
- Personally enroll in the program via phone or e-mail
- Commit to attending 80% of the classes
- Inform your physician that you plan to join the program
- Give permission for the LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA coordinators to contact you physician or health care provider, if necessary
This class is recommended for anyone who has ever been diagnosed with cancer. Enrollment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Support LIVESTRONG AT THE YMCA
Thanks to generous donor contributions, the Stevens Point Area YMCA offers LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA at no charge to participants. Your tax deductible donation to our Annual Campaign at the YMCA will help us continue to serve cancer survivors throughout our community.
All gifts are greatly appreciated. To make a contribution to the program, please contact the LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA Coordinators at 715 342 2980 or [email protected]
Registration and Information
Advance registration is required. If you would like to register, or have any questions about the program, please contact:
Joe Seubert, Senior Director of Operations
P 715 342 2980 ext. 311 E [email protected]